A Few Nuggets...
Here are a few things that I picked up today: 1. Where you are is just a stake in the sand in comparison to where you are going.
2. You do not have to ask for permission to be great at what you do.
3. If you wait for the perfect condition, you will never get anything done.
4. Although going to school is great and getting your degree is a wonderful achievement, you do not have to learn a specific skill before you go out and be "marketable". In music, you learn by experience. You add skills along the way. (This is not a pass to not practice on your own.) You have trust in the skills that you already have and get yourself out of the way. There is always something to improve on. Don't beat yourself up.
5. If you feel like you are not good enough, then you will never go out to play music. If you don't go out to play music, then no one will hear what you have to offer musically.
6. Playing along with other musicians will increase your progress and will increase accountability.
7. Have fun playing music and relax.
8. Network, network, network!!
Put these nuggets to good use! Onward and upward!!